Apparently I'm not very good at keeping up with this blogging thing. We're so busy living and learning that it's hard to find the motivation to share it all! But I do find myself thinking sometimes, "I really have to blog about this!"
One thing that was amazing in our lives recently was our experience with an upside down rainbow. Every hear about one of those? If I have heard about them, I'd forgotten.
We were driving home from work the other day, and I was chatting on the phone (I know, I know!) Tyler was saying something about a rainbow, but I assumed he meant the little rainbows that show up in the car as a reflection from a cd or something. Then Raina said, "Mom, look! There really is a rainbow!" I was thinking there was no way- there was not one drop of moisture in the air, it was noontime, and it was incredibly sunny! But I did look, and there was a rainbow! Clear as day. Not only that, but it was arcing upward, like a smile, rather than down like a frown. So I asked our friend, Jim, who I know is usually easily able to get on the computer quickly, to research it for us while we were driving. He did, and gave us some info. over the phone. Apparently, it's a rare phenomenon, and I won't go into details here (I can't do the details justice), but I do invite you to google "upside down rainbow" to read some wonderful descriptions.
As we drove away from the "rainbow," I couldn't help but marvel at the fact that my kids were able to observe this sight. Had they been trapped in a classroom, they would have missed it. And I would have, too, because it took a curious and observant child to lead me to the beauty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment